About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fort Vancouver Run 10k - DONE

There isn't a lot to say other than:

It was WET
It was COLD
It was MISERABLE.

BUT...We did it and I posted a decent time according to the actual distance of 6.4 instead of a 10k distance of 6.2 - final time 1:20:41 or 12:37 pace. That's a decent time for me in the crummy weather. After I had a chance to think about it I decided I was pretty happy with that result. It is the time that I will now gauge the rest of my races against!

Tom went all out to see how he would do and actually did quite well with a final time of 59:33 around 9:19 pace for him. Now - Tom's goal was to see if he could get top 3 in his age division. He would have been 3rd in his division IF there wasn't a morning of registration in his group WHO happened to finish first.

Oh well...there's always next year!

Needed to post a picture...not terribly flattering, but I made it over the timing strip!



Shamrock is coming up fast...but first I need a couple of days to rest - or at least one day. We'll see how I feel when I get up tomorrow morning.

Get out and run people!

No comments:

Post a Comment