About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 1, Training Day #1



In an attempt to be consistent here, I have decided to document my training, day by day, until the big day is here. I hope to throw in some cross training too, maybe some cycling or some strength type exercises in the form cross-fit type exercises at home OR if I feel like jumping, bounding and leaping around the neighborhood I'll throw in some plyometrics!

Today's run was an easy 3 miles and my route was around 3.23 which took around 40:37 to complete. As usual I ran faster than the plan wanted me to...the plan in the big picture is merely a guide. Anyway, I felt good the whole way! It was a little chilly, but not too bad - it was dry so I pulled on my capris instead of my long pants and wore a long sleeve tech tee and my fleece. The only thing that I am not happy about is all the pollen-y and smelly flowers on the bushes. Seasonal allergies are a pain! Only a few more weeks and I won't have to deal with those smells and pollen for the rest of the year!

This week's training consists of easy run today, tempo on Wednesday and the always fun long run on Saturday.

Check back tomorrow...and see if I did cross-fit or plyo...hmmm...

82 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment