About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Switch-a-roo and Funky Drink Mix

Yesterday I just wasn't "feeling" the 4 mile Tempo run - part of me wanted to run, but a lot of me just wanted to hang out. So we hung out. I was tired and hungry and happy to be home.

Before I left for the day I decided that it was time to mix up one of the packets of drink mix that I have had from a couple of StrideBoxes ago. It's called Achiva Native Energy - my individual serving was Chai Tea.


According to the directions on the packet I had to add the contents to 12 oz of water, shake and then let it sit for 10 minutes. Since I was using a Nalgene type water bottle I could really tell what it looked like. I could tell that it wasn't clear....hmmmm...

So after the allotted time I took a sip and it was a little chunky, ahh, Chia seeds. After another sip, I decided I would wait until I got home to consume some more. The other thing, it did not even possess any essence of Chai Tea.

I got home and grabbed a glass, gave the bottle one more shake and poured it out...check it out -

Enlarged for your viewing pleasure - you're welcome
EWWWW - I think I was okay with it in my dark bottle! At this point I was having some serious problems. NOW I know exactly what I slurped down...so gross!!! It doesn't even stay in suspension! I can't drink something that I need to constantly stir. Can you imagine?! A giant clump of sludge at the bottom of the glass?!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I will NOT buy this drink mix - even if my life depended on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment