About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, March 28, 2014

CrossFit


Tom and I have decided to add some cross training in the form of Cross Fit into our training routine. I think it's more like CrossFit Lite...not like going to a dedicated gym and doing the WOD with other people. For us it is an easy way to incorporate some weight bearing strength training to help our running along.

This morning I suggested we do a different routine that we had the last couple of times:

80 jumping jacks (that's a lot!)
20 lunges (10 each leg)
20 sit-ups (we do crunches)
10 push-ups (I do the "girl" ones)
25 squats ( I like to use my 5 lb dumbbells)
60 second wall sit (OUCH)

The goal is to do these 3 times - we did 2 sets. Not bad for being semi-wimpy!

One of these days when we feel up to it we'll add that 3rd set...then I'll have to search for something a little more challenging!!! Muwahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment