About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, March 3, 2014

February Goal Reached

At the end of January I decided that I would see if I could log at least a couple of miles a day during the month of February. It was a doable goal as the 2 milers would occur on the days that I wasn't doing a training run and in doing so, should have been easy running days for sure. I managed to stay on track, kind of. Well, I reach my goal AND exceeded it by just over 5 miles. I'm not a better runner by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a bit of an obsessive tendency it seems.

Case and point...

The gap that is so loud and clear - those were the snow days we had. I could stand it on the 6th. I was pretty much pacing around the house and looking out the window just to see what the snowfall situation was like. I even made some cookies because I just didn't know what to do with myself - oh I had also had taken the day off. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I probably would not be running...then it happened...I was playing around on facebook and a friend of mine had JUST posted that she had gone out for a run and it was EXHILARATING. Are you kidding me?! Exhilarating?! I gotta get me some of that! So I gathered up my running clothes and declared to Tom that I would be going for a run and asked if he would want to join me. YUP!

I can't say that it was that great, but it wasn't bad either. I had really never run in the snow, not that there has been the kind of snow that would be good to run in around here. This year was really different, real powdery dry snow - perfect! The "run" was brief  and I wasn't sure where I wanted to run so I chose where the snow had been driven over. Not necessarily the best choice, but I also didn't feel like running/jumping into the untainted snow. I probably would end up hurting myself! We did just over a mile - got back home and I felt SO MUCH BETTER! Also, I got the running bug out of my system for a few more days. It felt like it took a while to make up the miles...so the obsession started up again. By the 26th I had reached my goal and had a couple of extra days to exceed that amount!

I do like me a goal! Especially if there is a gadget that is on running ahead that tells you that you are behind!!!!

Good times!!!

Just did the Fort Vancouver Run 10k - report to come.

Next up...Shamrock Run Portland!




No comments:

Post a Comment