About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Training Run #2


So, we were up and out of the house by 5:15 or so and on our way in the rain to do the Tempo run that I postponed from yesterday.

It was AWESOME! Kinda funny - as the day goes on my run just keeps getting better in my mind! Seriously, it was really, really good! I have a big mental block when it comes to doing a Tempo run. I just don't get it - I'm not good at gauging my pace besides the fact that it is SLOW and to run comfortably hard doesn't mean anything to me.

Today's workout was 1 mi warm, 2 mi @ 12:38 and 1 mi cool. Broken down like that I get it...slow, not so slow then slow again. Yeah baby! In the past my tempo runs have consisted of me not really feeling that great during the first mile of the not so slow portion and then going out too fast and then not able to keep up the pace that I am not able to gauge. Yes, I'm a genius! So, it seems that in the past my tempo runs turn into Speedwork and I don't mind that so much.

Today I maintained a decent pace all the way to the turn around and then we walked a short portion and then I was able to main a little bit faster pace during the second mile. The most amazing part was the fact that I didn't feel like I would die, my breathing wasn't horrible and I felt pretty good. That's like a huge breakthrough!

We got home and got back into our after run routine, groom the cat and give him a treat (yeah, he's spoiled) get out of wet clothes (we LOVE rain) and then settle in with some coffee and some news before our morning devotional.

Next up - Long run. I LOVE long runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment