About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, April 4, 2013

#5

2012 Hot Buttered Run - Vancouver, WA
Activity:  Run
Type of Run: Speedwork  (did an easy run instead)
Distance:  4 mi
Actual Distance 3.4
Temp: 52 F
Goal pace: 14:26
Actual pace:  12:52

Instead of doing my run yesterday I decided to do it today. Yesterday was filled with all sorts of running Tom around to appointments and stuff, so it really was best to do it this morning.

Got out around 7:40 this morning and started with the intent of doing 4 miles. Within the first half mile or so I could tell that 4 miles was not going to happen and that ANY distance would be good. Of course my go to route is to the light at the high school and then back home - that's just over two miles. Then I decided that I should do at least 3 miles and I could make up the rest of the distance on Saturday. Yeah, there was a lot of thinking happening during this run. Finally decided to do something a little different, just run to the light a HB Fuller and then turn around and go home. It was a good compromise I think.

There really isn't anything special about today's run other than the fact that I had to work through a mental battle of not feeling so great and willing my legs to continue on. Also, I ALWAYS feel better after I go out for a run even though I really don't want to.

The other motivating factor...the threat of rain. Running in the rain is not one of my favorite activities, but has be done. So, to not get caught in what might be considered rain...keeping the legs going is a GOOD thing! As it turns out I was only "spit" on this morning. Perfect!

So rest for the rest of today and tomorrow, work on remembering to hydrate and look forward to my long run on Saturday. I think I'll do the loop that goes from our house to Fred Meyer and back via 149th Street. That will add the distance that I skipped out on today and will give me a chance to not be freaked out running alone - again :)

Get out and RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment