About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Skipped to #11

That's right I skipped training run #10 to #11 and I feel okay about it. Okay, I really don't but that's because I'm finding out just how obsessive I am about my training plans. It's not like I'm being watched or scored on how many of these runs I do or anything, but I still feel like it's not okay to skip runs.

On Saturday when I woke up I decided that I wasn't interested in running and decided to do my long run on Sunday - before heading off to worship service. I have to admit that I wasn't feeling terribly good into my run on Sunday, but managed to do it so that was a good thing.

Woke up tired on Monday and found that Tuesday I was feeling even more tired and unmotivated. I guess that's when you know it's time for a rest. So two days of rest and I'm all GOOD!

I ran the same route as on Sunday and ran it a couple of minutes faster even. The best part is that I had a very brief rest at the turn around - just long enough to call  home and let Tom know where I was. When I reached 21st Avenue and saw that I might be able to beat my previous time I started to feel a bit more energized and just kept on plugging along at pretty good clip.

So my stats for today:

Activity:  Run
Type of Run:  Easy
Distance:  4 mi
Actual Distance:  4:04 mi
Temp:  34F
Goal Pace:  14:26
Actual Pace:  12:26

So, really - since I started this current training plan I have been on track, not missing any run or breaking up a run to make it work with my schedule. Skipping ONE run should send me over the edge! I'm still ahead of Pace Bunny - but only slightly.


No comments:

Post a Comment