About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Training Run #8, Part 1 (April 10)

Activity:  Rest Day
Type of Run: ???
Distance: 0 miles
Actual Distance:  1.47 mi
Temp:  57(ish) F
Goal Pace: none
Actual Pace:  12:36

This is part one because I decided that I didn't want to do a 4 mile run by myself at 5:30 in the morning. Also, a friend's son was playing in his first T-Ball game at 5:30...so instead of getting into the truck with Tom and heading to the park, I decided to run instead. It's fairly close, less than two miles and it was a good evening for a run!

It was windy and I had hoped that it would be mostly to my back, but for some reason it wasn't. This route, as easy as it is, is a slight, very slight incline, which combined with the wind wasn't all that fun. Also, I felt like I had lead in my legs and didn't feel like my pace was all that great. I am surprised that it was still under a 13 min mile. I guess all the consistent running/training is making a difference. Just have to get used to being a little more speedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment