About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pace Bunny and Training Run Reports


PACE BUNNY

Trying not to skip my runs this week as I'm only slightly ahead of pace bunny....

Pace Bunny = 48.8 miles (since March 25)
Me Bunny = 49 (exactly)

That is too close - I can't have fractions of a mile...must have WHOLE miles. Yes I'm obsessive about this. Didn't see that comin' - truly. Who knew?!

TRAINING RUNS

Since I was so uninspired on Saturday morning, not to mention very tired I decided to do my long run on Sunday. Being tired when waking up is not good - I even snoozed a little later that morning on the couch for about an hour AND took a bit of a snooze while at the movies then afterwards around what should have been dinner time. Just a little tired I think.

Just as my obsessive mind would work, I knew I HAD to do my long run Sunday morning. I can't be skipping a 4 mile run - that would put me waaay behind pace bunny and that is just wrong! I was out early, just before 6am and started out with no route in mind. I wondered what it would be like to just run and make decisions while out and about. It was kind of fun, in the end I ended up doing 4.75 miles. I think I had one walk break - just long enough to call home and let Tom know where I was.

What have I learned from my long run weekend? Well, when you are tired, REST! Sleep if you have to, just chill and be okay with it. Running without a route in mind can be a good thing. The only thing I did think about is making sure I hit my distance.

This morning's run was good. At first I thought I would try to get back on track and do my Monday run, but decided that would be silly. I'll go for the Tues-Thurs-Sat schedule this week. That will get me back on track with starting my weekly training runs on Monday! Felt fairly speedy today, which is in contrast to my runs the past couple of weeks. I don't think that I did an especially good job with hydrating yesterday, but the run felt good anyway. My legs didn't have that lead-like feeling as they have in the past, so that's encouraging.

The one thing that I am struggling with right now would be the temperature in the early morning. When I got up at 4:30 it was 38 or 39 degrees (at our house). By the time I was ready to head out the temperature dropped a few degrees. Still it was chilly. The problem is that I'm not sure what I should wear. Definitely a jacket...but do I put on a long sleeve shirt, wear my long pants, how about that cap???  It's weird - 35 in the winter is REALLY cold. Today I was really quite comfortable with my capris, short sleeve shirt, jacket and gloves. I think the cap would have been more of a bother than it is worth so that was left behind. I'm really looking forward to the mornings that are just warm enough for no jacket, gloves or headwear!

Meh, just random thoughts I guess. Just really happy that running is fun again! Speedwork on Thursday...oh yeah baby!

Activity:  Run
Type of Run:  Easy
Distance:  3 miles
Actual Distance: 3.43
Temp: 35ish F
Goal Pace:  14:26
Actual Pace: 12:29

No comments:

Post a Comment