About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Run Updates

Activity:  Run
Type of Run: Easy
Distance: 3 mi
Actual Distance: 3.4
Temp: 37 F
Goal pace: 14:26/mile
Actual pace: 12:40/mile

This morning I realized that I did not post about my Saturday run...which was better than I thought it would be.

First I did more that the prescribed distance of 4 miles, adding a half mile. That might not seem like much, but with the hill that is toward the end of 4 miles, the additional half mile can be a little painful. Also, I started my run with the wind to my back, which means that I was running into the wind on my way home. The only good thing about the route I was on is that it descends ever so slightly which is nice...not fighting the wind AND gaining elevation little by little!

This week I decided to switch up my run days and do my first run this week today. I figure I messed myself up last week by running at different times that changing days wouldn't be a big deal. Plus it's good for my body to not expect the same thing week after week!

Ended up with 3 miles today...and then some. I had been feeling physically tired and a little mentally drained the past couple of days and I'm glad that I switched up my run days. With the extra day off, this morning wasn't all that bad. It was chilly though - I had pulled on my capris before checking the temperature and when I saw that it was below 40 degrees. I wasn't in the mood to change into my long pants. I always seem to warm up, but this morning I peeled NOTHING off during my run. So I guess I had the right combination of clothing on :)

Nothing terribly exciting happened besides the fact that around 6am the skies started to get a little light. YES! Since DST I have been waiting for the sunrise to get earlier and earlier...looks like tomorrow our sunrise will be at 6:33!!! Wahoooo!!!

Oh, ever since the Shamrock, I've been trying to do my runs with just one walk break. That has always been my big mental thing - thinking I need to stop and walk when in reality I know that I can keep running. It's amazing what you can will your body to do ;)

Anyway - I'm lovin' this running thing I've got goin' on!
My graph lines are thicker than normal...what does that MEAN? Hmmm...





No comments:

Post a Comment