About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A little rest

This week has not been so great for training. My back has been pretty messed up all week and have had a couple of visits to the back-cracker and also had a massage. The pain was pretty bad on Thursday so I knew that I would not be running - so I decided at that point to lay off the running for the rest of the week and start up again on Tuesday. Today I'm feeling SO much better and the pain, what pain? Just a little soreness and that's it!

I really need to be more mindful of the signs that my body is sending off - oh the pain of it all! Will be continuing some core training which should help my back and probably should do some overall strength training as well - even just a little will be better than what I have been doing which is NOTHING. Well, until this week.

Just came back from a ride to meet Robin at Starbucks for coffee - which I rode a long route to Starbucks and then afterwards I went over to Walgreens to pick up my prescription. It was good to catch up with her - the last couple of weeks I have been feeling somewhat blase.

Now I am looking forward to getting back to training...and getting PSYCHED again!

No comments:

Post a Comment