About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Need Inspiration

Another week of training...My back has been misbehaving for the last few days and I have had a couple of adjustments, but the soreness still lingers. The fortunate thing is that when I run it doesn't hurt. The movement seems to help - sitting for long periods of time is not good, which makes being at work not so great, not that it is great to begin with.

This week I do a Tempo Run on Thursday, but since I have a massage scheduled after work I might just have to change my run to Friday instead and run after work. I have never done anything other than Easy runs or the occasional Speedwork, so this Tempo thing should be interesting. It will be nice to do something a little different, so I'm looking forward to that.

My chiropractor said that if I work on core training then maybe my back will be better. Fine, I get it, I'm going to be more diligent with core training, blah. I don't know why I'm so resistant to core training or any other training. I guess I better get over THAT mental block. If strength training and core training will help my cycling and running you would think I would be all over that! I'll have to start TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment