About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mini TT Report

So last night was the weekly Vancouver Bicycle Club Time Trial. Tom and I worked it out so that my car would be here at work so I could bike commute yesterday (can't waste a gorgeous day) and then Tom rode and met me here at work to rack up his bike on the car and off to the Port Offices. Even with our earlier than usual arrival we were only a few places ahead of our position from last week #21 - me and #22 - Tom. I have no idea how we got #'s 1 & 2 the very first time we tried time trialing. 

Things that were different this week...

- more bikes with drop handlebars. TT bikes are cool, but not exactly practical...so I'm hoping for aerobars for my birthday. The fact there there were more people with drop handlebars made me feel more normal than usual. I knew that these were people that would not be passing me.

- a couple of local teams training for Team Time Trials (North River and another team out of Portland).

- Tom got a flat about a mile from the finish. Tom decided to ride without his seat pack and my remark was that he was feeling a little confident that he wouldn't get a flat...OOOPS...did I jinx him?

- I did better than last week. I felt a little slow, but it seems that I kept my speed up around 18 on the way to the turn around around 18-19 on the way back. I may have lost a few seconds when Tom thought he could get me to stop to retrieve the key FOB after he flatted...I'm lucky he is understanding and patient with me :)

We'll see how the weather looks next Thursday - the 10 forecast on weather.com shows showers all week. We might get lucky and get to ride again. If not, we have many weeks of time trials ahead of us this summer!

I like riding fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment