About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Three weeks and counting...

This week has been pretty full of running and riding. Did something each day this week including today. With the Du 3 weeks from today I'm feeling pretty good about how things are progressing.

Thursday's Time trial went pretty well and today's Brick was better than I imagined it would be. Last week we shorted our time on the bikes, but more than made up for it today. 50 minutes and 12+ miles later we arrived home to transition to our 20 minute run. Legs weren't feeling too bad - which was surprising - and we ran 1.64 miles. That's way off what I need to run in that amount of time, but come race day the adrenaline will help and being in a race atmostphere always helps with speed. The only thing I need to do is not blow up to fast in the first run.

This week I got an email for the TriRock series. This tri will be at Vancouver Lake Park (of all places) and I am entertaining the idea of doing it. This event would be the motivation I need to get into the pool and start swimming, but with a fee of $115 it seems a bit much given our limited resources right now. This is just the motivation I need to make sure that I start training for Blue Lake 2011 and do either the Tri-It or the Sprint Tri a decision that I can make later.

Before I can do anything else, I need to get through Blue Lake 2010! It will be here fast!

Run-Ride-Run bay-bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment