About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Blue Lake 2011

Will be my first Triathlon!

Swimming has not been in my training routine, so I'm starting to figure out how to fit it in with the running and cycling. I figure that if I at least swim a couple of  times a week that would be better than not swimming at all. My goal is to get as much swimming in as possible between now and when I intend to start a real training program for my first Tri. It will not be easy and I'm fully prepared to be overwhelmed at some point either really soon or in a month or so when we are in the thick of cycling and I'm still trying to run a couple of days a week.

My hope is to recruit some of my FD6 people into doing Blue Lake next year...I know of a couple of the guys who have already done either a sprint distance or a novice distance in the last couple of months, so they will be on my list for sure!

So, today was my first time back into the pool in over a month! This morning I tweaked my neck as I was getting ready to go to the gym - so annoying. Because of that I was not able to do Freestyle, but I was able to swim 400 yards this morning with short breaks in between each length. It will be interesting to see how things go progress. It would be wishful thinking on my part to think that I might be able to do a Tri in September, but I can always work on it...it would be a stretch though.


I can't believe that I'm back in training mode! There truly is no rest for the weary...

Swim(?), Ride, Run bay-bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment