About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Tri Training

I'm nearing the end of week 1 of pre-tri-training. I have taken it easy for the most part this week and not really gone all out and did crazy stuff. Although, I did do a brick yesterday - a run/ride/run brick...it was a short effort, but still, probably more than I should have done. Oh well - I don't do slow very well.

This week I have gone and swam (swum?) in the pool at the gym...which was not bad, overall. Monday was not great as I tweaked my neck somehow. Today I went and did another 400 yards and actually swam 2 laps (or 100 yards) of Freestyle. Not in a row, but I did it and it was good! Just like with running I'll have to not push it too much with swimming, gotta build up slowly. No problem there - swimming is not easy. Playing in the pool is easy...but actual lap swimming is not easy. I'm pretty excited though, 2 laps and going all the way from end to end without stopping...that's huge! I'm getting excited, I might yet turn into a triathlete.

So, tomorrow is long run day. I have decided to run our Fred Meyer loop. At 4.5 miles that will be the farthest I have gone since the Shamrock run. If I can run two 5K's, I think I can do 4.5 miles!

Here's to turning into a tri girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment