About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Making Up Time...

Tom was excited to hear that he made 3rd place in his age division - so much so that he wanted to start figuring out where he could move a little faster. He determined a couple of things that HE could do - do more running and quicken his time in transition. The first place guy did his transitions in half the time (I think). The other thing that would definitely make a difference is that Marine Drive could be paved and smooooth. We have no control over that so we just have to adapt and move on! Tom is definitely hooked...I think he has found his sport - Duathlons. We'll get him into the pool at some point.

This morning we opted to do a road run instead of going to the gym. The morning was cool and crisp and it felt good to be on the road instead of a treadmill! We ran 2.67 miles in 32min and some odd seconds and the pace turned out to be 12:17. That's pretty average for me...so I was not disappointed with that. Not bad for having done an all out effort a few days ago :) We need to do some hill repeats soon, I signed us up to run the 4th of July 5K in Ridgefield. I didn't realize how many hills there are on the way out of town as you are heading North. Even with the hills, my time wasn't all that bad - 38:18 (12.19).

Tomorrow we go back indoors - to the gym. I think I'll get into the pool again. My new swim cap should be delivered today so I'll just have to try that out for sure! Tom will be going to spin class...and be punished by John, one of the newer spin class instructors and a coach with Wenzel Coaching. Read about him HERE.

Oh, so if anyone is wondering where I placed I signed up for the Athena's division (or what I affectionately call the "big girl" division). This division is determined by weight and I qualify! Anyway, I "won" my division. Yeah, okay, I was the only one in my division, but it works for me! Be the only participant in that division and you can't lose! There are still too many faster women in the age division I fall under so I won't be trying to compete there just yet.

Swimming, Riding, Running Bay-bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment