About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Less Than 24 Hours...

and we'll be at Blue Lake!

I'm excited and annoyed at the same time. There are changes and I am not fond of change - especially when I have been thinking of what I need to do on Saturday morning.

Stupid excessive rain has caused the change in parking and we will not be able to park the car at Blue Lake. Instead we are being directed to park at Chinook Landing a mile and a half away...this changes stuff. So I guess I'll re-think my game plan.

I am looking forward to leaving at 1:00 today and heading over to the new Fit Right Northwest Store in Portland to pick up my race packet and stuff.

I am also looking forward to trying to do better times with my running and riding. I don't think that I'll improve terribly with the running - hopefully a few minutes, but I should be able to improve my ride by a few minutes - last year I finished the course in 44:05...which was slightly surprising. I don't remember taking that long. I'll be praying for a tailwind! My last VBC TT was at 32:58 so add a couple of miles and the fact that I have aerobars now and I might post a better time.

Anyway...the past 6 months have just flown by and I can't believe that the race is tomorrow. I am looking forward to completing another multisport event as an individual and am really looking forward to starting my swimming campaign for 2011!

Race Day is a Comin'....Woo Hoo!

1 comment: