About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's half of 26.2?

This week I've had half marathons on the brain. Craziness!

Here's what happened - Tom and I went to a RaceCenter Expo at Foot Traffic over in Portland. As we were walking around looking at the various upcoming events Tom asked me if I would consider running a half marathon, my response was something like  "I think I'll stick to 8k's." So really, I pretty much dismissed the idea on the spot.

Later on in the day I asked him if he really wanted to do a half marathon and he said it would be a good challenge. Hmmm...challenge. That word is dangerous. Anymore when I think of things I would like to do it's just because I need a challenge of some sort. Something to keep me motivated to keep moving and improving.  Well, moving at least. Improving is relative. I figure if I don't die in the process of whatever I'm working toward that's good enough.

So, I've been kicking around the idea of doing a half marathon - as soon as this Fall. It would be possible to start training right after the All Womens Event at the end of July. The only thing is that I would have to find a suitable half for a not so great runner (that would be me). We'll see, anything is possible. I'm totally skipping the 10k distance, but I figure I have done 2 duathlons which was basically staying in motion for 2+ hours, and the run distance is a 5k on either side of the bike leg, a 10k! I'm thinking a half marathon would be doable.

As I continue to prepare for the Shamrock and then move to training for my first Tri I think I'll start looking around and seeing what will be available as far as marathons during the fall. There is so much to consider and plan for...but first -

I shall conquer the Sprint Tri course at Blue Lake! Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment