About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, December 11, 2015

Daily Double-ish

So, as I reported yesterday Run #15 was postponed until after I arrived home from work. The conditions were mostly perfect with no rain and very little wind. The main difference would be that at 5 or 5:30 in the morning there is very little traffic - 12 hours later there is ALL SORTS of traffic. All over the place!

We don't get out for runs in the evening that often. When we were meeting with Mary that would be around 6 and usually during the spring and summer when it's nice and light out. Last night felt an awful lot like the morning only with more cars. I was feeling not as motivated and we only did one time around the track and just because it would feel wrong not to do 2 miles, we did a trip through Chinook Springs. This time we did the whole loop instead of taking the shortcut out to the main road.

Looks like I went off course!
As you can see from my map, it says I did 1.78 miles, which is not accurate. When we came out of Chinook Springs and made our way up to where we could cross 21st Avenue - there were many cars...just getting in the way. I stopped my watch because I didn't want to let the timer go while we were just standing and waiting to cross the road. Once we did get going again I forgot to restart it and only remembered when we were getting very close to home. So I started it and we were done shortly after. Neat map huh. If I had restarted my watch it would have shown that we ran just over two miles as we do most days. That's the second time in a week that I have forgotten to restart my watch!

I didn't want to run in the evening again so the plan was to go back to running in the morning. Well, that also meant that we are running again after 12 hours and for some reason I was feeling yesterday's run and felt a little tired. I'm glad that we are back into our routine. We'll do a longer run tomorrow morning - hope, hope.

This looks right!
As we were finishing up last night I was thinking about doing daily doubles, I may have thought or said something this morning. I just don't know anymore. This daily running thing is starting to mess with me!

If we really are heading back to PA for the RWHalf I am thinking that I'll attempt the Hat Trick. It's a big thing to take on, but I want to give it a try! Daily Doubles will help out in getting the adequate training in and we wouldn't be running every single day like we are now, but at least I'll get used to running when I'm not necessarily ready to run again. We'll see, anything can happen!

Tomorrow is Day 17 and we are not quite half way through this challenge. It's starting to feel really long. I wonder if that feeling will go away and I start enjoy the running. Hmmmm....

21 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment