About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Rainy Morning Running

I know, so boring...same old thing, different day! I'm working on being consistent. With running and with my posting here in this space. 

When I get busy, I don't sit down to post. However, I have a little down time right now, so I'm going to get this posted all quick like.

Today's split was 12:12 per mile!
Yesterday I was all about feeling better and getting out for our minimum of two miles and then wanting to do three this morning. within the first couple hundred feet I was feeling SO cold! The temperature was a little more than yesterday, but it was also raining and there was just a little bit of wind. I felt chilled right away and it lasted for a good long while! Can't complain too much as the temps were in the 20s last week, dry and cold - I like it!

One reason for only doing two was the fact that I was cold. The other was that I wanted to make sure that I could do our two mile route without taking a walk break. As always, I'm the queen of stopping no matter what the reason. I know that walking isn't a bad thing, but my mind says that I'm a runner and I need to keep running! Sure I talk big now...we'll see what happens tomorrow. One of these days I'm not going to have these unattainable standards for myself. I'll have to be the more than mediocre runner that I am and be cool with that. Actually, I think I do okay, but...I could always do better.

Now that my brief illness is mostly gone, I'm excited about this running streak. I think I was before too, but the one day off made me realize that I really wanted to run. In fact, I thought that if I didn't feel horrible at the end of the day on Monday - we should get out and do at least one mile. I may have fallen asleep for a little while before Tom came home. Maybe that was a silly idea.

The reality of this running streak is that even if we run two miles every single day through new year's day I'll be quite happy about it. I just don't want to go through the holidays feeling like a slug. Eating too much food and then feeling like I need to make an extra effort with running. Especially if we were to keep running 3-4 days a week.

I would hope that running everyday would result in being active more than 3x this week


No comments:

Post a Comment