About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, December 24, 2015

How Many Days Left??

8 more days until New Years!
We are 29 (or 30) days into this challenge and I am starting to lose my enthusiasm, little by little. A few things come into play here...

  • Last week was a vacation week for me and going from a nice leisurely pace and back into the "grind" is not going well. If I weren't doing this running streak I think I would have been just fine. 
  • My sleep cycle is messed up. Recently I have been waking up between 1 and 1:30 am. Not cool. The good thing is that I do go back to sleep, but some days it takes longer than other days.
  • There was a death within my fire district family - one of our retired members - that has been on my mind - giving me a bit of a heavy heart.
  • We have run 24 days in a row.
All I know is that once I get something in my head and start a challenge of some sort I'm GONNA finish. By the time we get to New Year's we will have logged over 70 miles. How many miles over 70 is an unknown right now. I have had a couple of days that we logged less than 2 miles and I hope to do 3 tomorrow morning and possible 4 or 5 on Saturday. We'll see. All I know is that we have 8 more days to go and then I can say that we did the Runner's World Running Streak challenge. 

BUT...

The positive in the midst of all this running - I have noticed that I'm getting into my rhythm much quicker than before this run streak started and I am feeling more comfortable while running. When I finally replace my shoes - in a few weeks my it will be AWESOME! Despite feeling like not running so early in the morning, I'm feeling VERY positive about how things are going.

Did I mention that we are almost done with this challenge? 

8 days baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment