About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, December 7, 2015

Day 12 - Monday Morning Again?!

As I get older it seems that the weekends just zip by very quickly. OR I could be doing a lot of stuff and I only have a couple of days to accomplish that stuff.

While we didn't do a lot of stuff, the stuff that we did took time. Running a race and hunting for a tree on Saturday and me baking a cake. Mmmmm....CAAAKE...

Sunday was worship in the morning and then back home to watch the last quarter of the Seahawks game again the Vikings. Sorry Minnesota - that was not nice of the Hawks...hahaha. The afternoon was spent getting the tree all set up with lights and stuff.

Anyway, stuff was happening and then the day is done just like that - POOF!

This morning came way too quick and I was not well rested so we got out for a two miler this morning. Since I am making two miles the minimum distance to run the route we do normally is getting very old.

This morning I switched it up a little...

Made our way behind the school and then through one of the nearby subdivisions.
There was just enough different to make this a little less boring. However, with all the rain we both had opportunities to make a splash and end up with squishy shoes! Not pleasant, but hey, it happens! I wasn't trying terribly hard to do anything special. What I wanted to do is be done...so, so, WET!

The particular thing about our run today is that I got up and ran. Mostly because we are doing the run streak thing. I am usually one to not want to go out on Monday because we both get a little hyped up during our Small Group time Sunday night. My usual M.O. is to say "Let's run tomorrow..." And we do. Now that we are running everyday, a day off is reserved for illness only and not whineyness.

Still - my running is feeling good and I'm excited about getting to the end of this with at least 74 miles, probably more.

Look at all those lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment