About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday - Day 9 & Last Running Event of 2015

Whew, made it to the weekend! This week has been a little weird. Probably because I was home sick on Monday, but that was only one day. I did have a lot going on at work - and I spent a couple of days still in a fog. All good now though!


We did our Run Streak #9 this morning - 3 miles! It was so good too!! Running has become a lot more enjoyable over the past few weeks. I don't feel awful - maybe once in a while. The amazing thing is that I have enough confidence in my ability now, that I'm not constantly beating myself up when I can't seem to do a specific route. Usually I beat myself up and start thinking I'm a loser which I am - no I'm not...wait..I am...

So, this morning we did the route that has a short-ish steep hill that probably happens in the middle of mile 3. The cool thing is that the route is a slight downhill from where we come out of Brook Run which makes for a very swift jaunt to where we go down to the foot bridge and back up to the corner of 149th Street & 21st Ave. There has only been one time that I actually ran the entire route, but haven't done it since. Well, maybe once, but I don't recall. Anyway, I like this route, but I usually have to walk a little bit after we get to the corner and start heading toward home.

This year was a good year for events. We didn't do too many, but the ones that we did do were quality events. My goal was 3 Halfs, the Independence Run which is the event that we are "streaking" and a couple of other events just for fun. My favorite overall would have to be the Runner's World Half. There aren't enough ways to say how utterly amazing that experience was. It was very, very inspiring!

Tomorrow we will be doing the Ugly Sweater run in Ridgefield. I really like the hometown feel of the Independence Run I can imagine that this will be just as homey. It's close to home and we are good to go with our ugly attire!

We'll see how things go in the morning - this will be a fun way to kick off our Christmas activities as we'll be tree hunting with some friends in the afternoon.

Christmas will be here before we know it! Glad that I am running my way through the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment