About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - I'M BACK BABY!!

Tom and I did the First Run & Walk in Portland at Midnight. There were a ton of people which made the start a little slow, but it was a lot of fun! Totally had a good time...this was my first run, albeit short - 1.5 mi - since my visit to the podiatrist on December 16. Did a decent pace of 12.21, not bad for being mostly out of shape and not doing anything for the last couple of months. I need to start up slowly, low miles for a couple of weeks and incorporate the cycling in too. Hopefully in a couple two or three weeks I'll start training for the duathlon. I want to get to a 10K distance just for the sake of endurance. I'm starting to feel like things are looking up again, but the break was good. Needed to rest for sure. Rest is OVER!

I'm excited, gonna start up running again and probably hop on my trainer a few times. Need to get some miles in my legs for the 40 mile route of the Worst Day Ride in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment