About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Working up to 10K training

This is my first week of getting back into a routine of sorts. The idea to rearrange my work schedule ever so slightly will work out until I can get out on the road and track during the daylight hours of DST this Spring.

The treadmill is a new beast for me - it's not bad, but it isn't that great either. I like that I can choose the pace I want to do though, so for impatient me, that is a good thing. With my riding I can't get much more than a 30 minute ride in so the mileage will be minimal until DST. I can't possibly go back to my trainer now...there is no way!

I have yet to start the actual training plan as I'm still starting up slowly so as not to reinjure my foot...stupid loser stress fracture. Although, my foot feels good after a what I have done this week - may step it up next week. Will also need to add strength training too...ugh.

Having a little workout time in the middle of my day has helped in keeping me more content - and that is a good thing for anyone who has to work with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment