About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, January 23, 2009

Run-Ride-Run-Ride

This week I officially started my 10K training according the the plan that I printed up on runnersworld.com. On Tuesday while on the treadmill I felt pretty good so I went ahead and did the two miles that was on the plan. My time was just a little off, but I found that it was fun. Yes, it was the treadmill. The only GOOD thing about it is that I get a workout in the middle of the day. It's a really good feeling to MOVE. The only problem is after I'm done on the treadmill it takes a long time to cool down...a little too long sometimes. I need to rethink my outfits on my run days! Yesterday I was running around here with my short sleeve T-shirt while everyone else was wearing jackets and/or job shirts. When the temps outside start to warm up a bit I may switch to road running.

On my not running days I have the choice to rest or cross train so I ride and I know that I'll need to add strength training - at some point. Yesterday, another one of the guys who was off-duty was doing the P90X DVD workout - this was the second time that I have had to run while one of the guys was upstairs also...so far so good, they are both good guys and don't irritate me...I'm sure that will be short-lived. I'm thinking that WATCHING a DVD of strength training then I'll get some benefit...sort of not really...but that would be cool!

I was concerned about my foot and what would have been left of the stress-fracture, but all seems to be good. The only thing that I have noticed is that my foot hurts where my bunion is while I'm running - that is new, as far as a I can remember. It's not so bad that I want to stop, which may have been my problem late last summer when I probably had my stress fracture.

Among the many goals that I have, I want to run a 10K. Not necessarily a race or fun run, but at least the distance. My reasoning behind this is so that I know that I can run that distance, just for the sake of endurance. I'll have to run a 5K twice for the Du so why not train to run a 10K? I may have to revamp my goals list, but we'll see how thing go in a few months.

I'm REALLY taking it easy...or something like it...life is good baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment