About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gym at work

Until this week I have not taken much advantage of the workout area that we have at the station - but then I have not wanted to do something as crazy as a Duathlon before either. This week I ran on the treadmill a couple of times and rode the other two days. Today is a rest day, but mostly because we had a lot going on today and I wanted to devote my energy toward the church survey, errands and getting dinner ready for our friends later this evening.

ANYWAY - I like the fact that there is a workout area and it's mighty convenient to go and run during my lunch break and if I feel really ambitious I could even lift some weights. HA! I know I have to do that at some point, but I think I need to get comfortable with being up there in the first place...the fire station is such a manly place and sometimes it is hard being one of only a few women there. Especially where the "gym" in concerned. The other day one of the guys was up there when I arrived. Oh well, might as well make myself as much of a spectacle as he was - no big deal. I'll stay out of his way and vice-versa. I have to get over myself anyway...they know me and what my goals are...so all is well.

I'm getting psyched for the duathlon even though it is a ways off. I know that it will be here before I know it and whether I'm ready or not is another deal altogether. At least I will have worked at preparing for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment