About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running going REALLY well...

I'm sure that my good runs (on the treadmill) will be shortlived...I'll be increasing the mileage to 3 miles this Sunday - my "long run" day. So with the increase on Sunday I'll be increasing my mileage on the treadmill. This should be interesting, I'm already pressed for time - we'll see how things go. Should be good though, I'm sorta following the plan by running when I'm supposed to, but not running the pace that is suggested. Although, it is a suggestion, so if I feel good I'm gonna push it! Looking forward to Sunday and hope to find a good route that has some interest so that we don't have to go to the track.

I don't know how often I can say that I'm psyched, but I am! Having the extra half hour at lunch really makes a difference in my whole day and I don't feel so surly when we have weirdos coming into the station with their weirdo questions blah blah blah. I am actually enjoying being around my co-workers!

Also, I have not had any big problems with my foot, so I'm 99% sure that my stress fracture is healed. My bunion is noticeable at times, but not too bad. For some reason my hip hasn't been bothering me - must have figured out that I'm not going to stop anytime soon ;)

Oh, yeah, so I went into the workout room and 3 of the guys were in there already with one of them on MY treadmill. Fortunately Devon was done and he took off so I took my position in the corner so I could keep an eye on the other two. It was all good, they kept to themselves and left me alone. They know what's good for them - I CAN be helpful if they need something. I got to watch yet another P90X workout. Man, that guy is CRAZY!

So, did I mention that I'm PSYCHED?

No comments:

Post a Comment